Tuesday, September 17, 2013

{Weight Loss} The Machine Review

It's finally assembled! I am so glad that I wasn't the one assembling it. It may have cost me $250, but I didn't have any of the tools, and it took the poor man 4 HOURS and a TON of sweat and curse words.

Here is the finished product!


(Please excuse that crappy window treatment. It was here when we bought the house and we haven't changed them yet. Basically, this whole room is a challenge and needs a makeover.)

 
It comes with the little magnetic "key" that allows the machine to start, and once pulled off, the machine shuts down. I have actually had to pull it for safety reasons already. Guess who's toddler thinks it's "super cool" to exercise with Mommy? After that little incident, I make sure that it is put up high enough that he cant reach it. It also comes with a heart rate monitoring chest strap, which is a little uncomfortable at first, but you get used to it. It's nice to know what rate your heart is pumping at while exercising because there is a certain rate, for every age group, that is best for fat burn. The screen reads the time you have been on the machine, the distance you have walked, the calories you have burned, and the speed at which you are walking. The heart rate will only show up if you have the strap attached properly, and will flash at the bottom left corner. 

At this moment in time, due to the fact that I have lived a very sedentary lifestyle, I can only walk on this machine for 8 minutes. To compensate for this, I walk on it 3 times a day. My goal is to be up to 15 minutes/twice a day by next week. All in all, I LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment