Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Ferro Family

Just about every girl on the planet has read the 50 Shades of Grey Trilogy by E.L. James.


You know how it goes- rich man with troubled childhood uses painful sex tactics as an escape from reality, meets nice girl, reels her in, theres a little mystery and a little action, then they fall deeply in love, happily ever after. These were great books, with steamy sex scenes! I never thought that I would be the girl who read erotic novels. I mean, my grandmother reads them, my mom used to read them, and now, I read them. While two-thirds of my Nook library is erotica, there is a series that I have been particularly fond of lately.


The Ferro Family Novels by H.M. Ward
The novels are broken into 3 series for each of the 3 brothers.


The Arrangement follows Sean Ferro and his call girl, Avery. This series currently has 9 installments.

Overview for the first installment of The Arrangement:

FML is becoming Avery's motto. Just when she doesn't think things could get any worse, they do. When her car stalls out at a busy intersection and she gets out to check under the hood, a guy steals her car. Armed with a dress and a pair of Chucks, Avery runs after the thief. When a hot stranger offers to help, she can't say no. That's how Avery meets Sean Ferro, the totally sexy, totally damaged guy with more secrets than she has time for. Avery doesn't have time for anything anymore. Her is life falling apart and it's not just the car. It's everything, and it doesn't matter how tightly she tries to hold on, there's nothing left to hold on to. With the sudden death of her parents, it's only a matter of months until Avery's shot at college is gone, and she's living in a cardboard box. Other students have their families to rely on when things get bad. Avery has no one. But there's one option, one incredibly sexy, morally devoid, option. If Avery takes a job as a call girl, one guy could save her. One client. One time. She just has to say yes. 


Damaged follows Peter Granz (Ferro) and his student, Sidney. This series currently has 2 installments.

Overview for the first installment of Damaged:

Life sucks. And, as soon as Sidney picks up the pieces something always knocks her back onto her butt. It's never pretty, but this time is different. This time pretty isn't even the right word. Peter is the personification of perfection. It's like he fell off his angel perch in purgatory, because let's face it--any guy that hot has got to be naughty. He was probably sent here to ruin her life. Peter is beyond beautiful with his sexy blue eyes, dark hair, and toned body. Add in his charming wit and Peter is everything Sidney ever wanted in a man, but when things get hot and heavy Peter shows her the door. Sidney takes the walk of shame and leaves. It's the end of the worst blind date ever. Her life couldn't possibly reach higher levels of suckage, but it does. The next morning everything comes crashing down. The insanely hot guy from last night, the one that saw her half naked, is teaching at the front of the class room.


Stripped follows Jonathan Ferro and the woman who broke his heart, Cassie. This series currently has 1 installment. 

Overview for the first installment of Stripped

The V Card. Virgin. Most of us want to punch that sucker ASAP, and hide the fact until then, but not Cassie Hale. Three years ago she frickin' covered hers in glitter and laminated the thing, proudly telling me that she's waiting for the perfect guy. So when I see her half naked, tangled together, rolling around on the floor with another stripper, I'm kind of shocked. Okay, that's an understatement. I'm enthralled. I have to know what cracked her picture perfect world and landed her here, and I hope it's something horrible-an event that broke her the way she broke me. Because, that's who Cassie Hale is--the woman who stole my heart and crushed it in her hand



After reading all of these, I've noticed that they all intertwine at certain points throughout the novels, as well as bringing in mentions from her other two series Scandalous and The Secret Life of Trystan Scott. (Which I also highly recommend.) With them all being tied together, I think reading each series brings the whole story together. 

Each installment isn't actually a book in itself. It's actually more like a few chapters. And while it seems silly, it is actually a great marketing plan. At the end of each installment, you cannot believe that it has ended and it leaves you begging for more. Each installment ranges from $.99-$4.99, although most of mine were $2.99, and can be purchased for Nook or Kindle. I don't buy paperback or hardback books, so I am unaware if there are any for these series. I believe that every cent has been worth it. 

My favorite series used to be The Arrangement. It is well written, and I could relate to the lead female character. But after reading Stripped, I am hooked! It has to be the best book I've ever read by H.M. Ward, and believe it or not, it was very romantic, sensual, and all in all steamy, BUT there was NO SEX! I am anxiously awaiting the release date of the second installment!

Check THESE out! They are totally worth the time and money!

No comments:

Post a Comment