Tuesday, September 10, 2013

{Favorites} Episode 3


I actually saw these a while back at our local Walgreens. I commented to my husband about how cute and practical they were. He laughed and told me that I didn't need them. I had forgotten all about them, until just a little while ago. I got a headache, and went to get some Tylenol from the medicine cabinet. I realized that we have a crazy assortment of medicine. I mean, I can't even take aspirin, it makes me sleep for days, but we have 6 mega sized bottles of it? Why?! I have a husband, a toddler, and a dog. Although Jerod should be taking an aspirin a day for his polycythemia vera, he doesn't. And Ian and Prince- just really aren't into NSAIDS. Haha.

 

 

 

 


Why I love these:

  • They use a single active ingredient. It isn't a mixture. For example, "Help, I have a headache" contains only acetaminophen.
  • The drugs are made with the fewest possible coatings and dyes. They would rather you not have to ingest decoration. 
  • Each product is titled after the symptom it is meant to solve, instead of a unrelated name brand. "Help, I can't sleep", helps people understand what they are taking and what they are taking it for. 
  • The packaging is made of paper pulp and a cornstarch based plastic! Green!
  • 5% of the profits will be given to organizations that help make sure US children without healthcare, get access to healthcare. 
  • Each package contains enough product for a weeks worth of problems. You will find other packages, such as 500ct., that make these seem meager in comparison. But you might have a hard time making use of them all. 

Each single package is priced at $4 on their website. Although, they are $3.69 at Walgreens.  These can also be found at Target!


Also, their WEBSITE is great! On the homepage, there are a ton of icons to click on. For example, one of these says "Help, I'm horny." When you click on it, a picture of a bagel and a banana comes up. You can move the banana. You get the picture. Haha. Another says "Help, I'm going bald." When that one is clicked on, a crying skull appears. "Help, I want a baby" lets you adopt from a rolling scroll of babies, but there is also an old man baby and a monkey baby. I may have an awkward sense of humor, but I enjoyed each and every one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment