Thursday, September 19, 2013

District Fair 2013

The fair is in town this week, and we decided that we would go tonight. That was a bad idea.
It's armband night, which means everyone and their cousin is there. I hate to say it, but these people come crawling out of caves to come to the fair. It's fun if you're in highschool, going with your friends. It's fun if you're taking your children. It's fun even for a date night.
But I cannot stand those that leave their kids at home, only put half of their clothes on, and go to the fair every day of the week like its the best thing that has ever happened to them. And to top that, they can't even act civil. Acting like a loud, belligerent idiot in public is not okay. It really bothers me that when I take my son to potty, that I have to kick underwear and vodka bottles out of the way of the toilet.

On the bright side, Ian had lots of fun. We decided before we went that he wouldn't ride any rides this year. He's not even 3 yet, so we thought that he would like it better next year when he could ride them by himself.

So we hit up the petting zoo! He loved it. Petting and feeding the animals was a blast. I loved seeing his eyes light up and him giggle when the animals licked the food pellets from his little hand.





(Ian is sitting next to me and said that this alpaca wanted some eggs and bacon. 
And the baby one wanted a Pop Tart. He has such an imagination. Haha!)

Then we went to play some games. Ian is such a good throw, that he would throw the ball completely over the stands. He never won any of the games, but the people working the stands were such good sports that they let him pick out a few toys anyway!  

 

He even "won" a goldfish! We named him Frankie!


We stopped at the concession stands and got some grub! I love fair food! Kettle Corn, Bloomin' Onions, Turkey Legs, Funnel Cakes, etc. 

We ended up getting a Cookies N' Cream Funnel Cake, which was heaven! I don't have a picture because we began eating on it as soon as we got it. Imagine: A funnel cake, topped with powdered sugar, then covered with crushed Oreos, and smothered in icing. I'm glad that I chose tonight as my cheat night. Jerod got a deep fried Snickers, and Ian got a deep fried Twinkie! 

After eating, we played a few more games, then stopped for a little photoshoot. We are so dysfunctional that it didn't go too great, but we did manage to get a few cute shots! 








We decided to let Ian take a pic of Mommy & Daddy, if he would have been focusing on the phone instead of telling us to say cheese and giggling, I think it would have turned out cute! Here's one of the best ones!


All in all, we had a blast! I didn't exercise today, but I did just chase a toddler around the fair for 3 hours, and couldn't have had more fun. I'll take that!

No comments:

Post a Comment