Thursday, August 29, 2013

Shutters and Doors

As you have read, Jerod and I have just bought a new house.

It isnt new construction, but its new to us. The inside has been freshly remodeled, so were just working on the decorating aspect. But the outside- Lord, help us.



If you can tell, all the shutters are mismatched, they are water and sun damaged, and have never been painted. And the door, well, it kinda blends into the house. The shrubs have taken over. The weeds are so thick that you can barely see the mulch. There is monkey grass that lines the sidewalk, and I HATE monkey grass. There is a huge tree blocking half of the garage door. This house and yard needs a MAKEOVER!

This house needs painted. It's too tall to do by ladder, so a paint job is going to cost us a pretty penny. We decided two weekends ago to paint the shutters and stain the doors. We realized that there was no way we were going to get the shutters down ourselves.
And then, as my best friend, Kimberly, and I were outside smoking a cigarette, (I know, smoking's bad.) it came to me!
We can get the shutters done through the windows! It was genius, I thought. But Jerod's back is paying for it now. To manuvere around and get those shutters down was really something to see.

Due to the current taupe color of our house, we went with a flat brown. North American Elm - ColorPlace to be exact. I do believe that they look 100 times better.



We stained our doors, and I'm still iffy about whether I like it or not. We used MINIWAX Gel Stain - Walnut. It will do for now, but if I keep disliking it, we're probably gonna save and invest in new doors. I'm hoping when I get our wreaths up that they will look better. 

`

This was after the second coat of stain and the start of the bush removal.

More to come! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment