Thursday, August 29, 2013

It's a Bird, It's a Plane...

My baby boy, or little boy, I should say, will be turning 3 in just a few short months. His birthdays have always been a very big deal and require at least 3 months of planning and preparation. I have started buying and organization. We decided that he would have professional pictures taken for every birthday, up until he was able to get school pictures every year. Our friend, Kendy Schimmel does them. She is simply AMAZING! Check her out: www.kendyschimmel.com


Here are some pictures from his 1st birthday. It was royalty themed. He was the cutest little prince. We had his party at our church's CLC building. Friends and family were invited. We had the usual snack foods, candy, punch, etc. Everything went great, that is, AFTER the cake incident. Ready?


Oh God, looking at it 2 years later, I still get angry. We ordered this cake from one of the most expensive cake bakerys in town. We paid over $300 for it! We got it halfway there & THIS is what happened. After I called and had a screaming crying fit because they ruined my child's first birthday, they came and picked the cake up to repair it, and promised that they would have it fixed and back in time. They called me and explained to me that a new person was working and that the wooden dowels weren't placed correctly, and blah blah blah. I only started to calm down when they told me that i would get a refund for half of the cake.

This is what we ended up with, not nearly as cute, but suitable. I never received a refund check, and I was still missing the big bottom tier of the cake. 



Here are some pictures from his 2nd birthday. This one wasn't near as extravagant as I would have liked, mostly because Jerod was in charge. I was too busy with nursing school clinicals to plan a party. But I will give him this- he did better than I would have thought! And I thank him so very much for making it happen. This time, we chose bakery that was recommended by some friends. The cake was very affordable, super cute, delicious, and was assembled correctly! Whoo-hoo! We only invited family this time. We started his party off at Ruby Tuesday, his favorite place to eat, at the time. He loves their salad bar, and their biscuits. We then went back to our house, had cake, and opened gifts. 






His 3rd birthday party and pictures are in the works, and I'll have a post for it later on. Until then, here is a hint for this year's bash!

No comments:

Post a Comment