Thursday, August 29, 2013

{Favorites} Episode 1

I will do random blogs like this from time to time. Just a small collection of things that I like, have, and used- and why. So, let's get started.

e.l.f. Eyelid Primer, $1

First of all, if you have no idea what this is, I'll explain. This is primer, similar to whole face primer, but for your eyelids. Primer does exactly what it says, it primes. It prepares your face for foundation. It helps prevent your makeup from sweating or rubbing off, it prevents creases, and it makes your skin look and feel super smooth. So in turn, eyeshadow primer helps keep your eyeshadow from creasing and smearing! Another great thing about this primer is that it is only $1! That's right, $1! I have used more expensive eyeshadow primers, and I honestly would choose this one over them! It's similar to Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, $20.


Nicole by O.P.I - Confetti Fun, $7

I am IN LOVE with this nail polish. I'm actually wearing it on my toes right now. It is much thicker than most glitter nail polish, and it only took 2 coats. It is from Selena Gomez's new polish line and can be found at Walmart and Target for $7!


Too Faced Size Queen Mascara $21

First of all, I don't know if you can tell, but that mascara brush is HUGE! It really is, the picture does it no justice. Though this mascara is a little more pricey than most drugstore brands, I prefer it. The big brush not only coats each lash thickly and thoroughly, it also gives it a great lift. I never have to use and eyelash curler with this stuff! It can be found at Sephora!


Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette $50

This set contains: Virgin (nude satin), Sin (champagne shimmer), Naked (buff matte), Sidecar (beige sparkle), Buck (brown matte), Half Baked (bronze), Smog (golden brown shimmer), Darkhorse (bronze-plum shimmer), Toasted (taupe-bronze), Hustle (mocha shimmer), Creep (near-black metallic), Gunmetal (dark grey metallic).

Urban Decay Naked 2 Eyeshadow Palette $50

This set contains: Foxy (cream bisque with matte finish), Half Baked (golden-bronze with shimmering finish), Booty Call (shimmering cork), Chopper (copper shimmer with silver microglitter), Tease (creamy pale brown with matte finish), Snake Bite (dark bronze shimmer with metallic base), Suspect (pale golden beige with shimmering finish), Pistol (light gray-brown with shimmering finish), Verve (oyster with shimmering finish), YDK (cool bronze shimmer with metallic base), Busted (deep brown with shimmering finish), Blackout (blackest black with matte finish).

These palettes are great! They have all the nudes and naturals and girl could ever ask for. They can be found at Sephora, and each palette comes with a free gift of either eyeshadow primer or lip gloss.


TOMS


I cant express how much I love TOMS. I have several pair. They are cute, creative, comfortable, and charitable. TOMS gives shoes in more than 60 countries and helps restore sight in 13 countries. Every time someone buys a pair of TOMS, a pair is given to a person in need. TOMS now manufactures eyewear, which in turn is how they are restoring sight in other countries. I love the idea, I love the aspect, I love the shoes. I love what they do, and I 100% back this company. Something new: TOMS is starting to help children in our own backyard! By the end of 2014, 35+ states will receive TOMS- that's over 1 millions pairs of new shoes reaching U.S. kids. As of now, 3 states in the U.S. are helping give sight. It's a beautiful, beautiful thing.


Stacking Bracelets 

This is something that I have been really into lately. Grab a handful of colorful, mismatched bracelets and stack them on each wrist. My favorite place to get bracelets is Oriental Trading Co. They have a ton to choose from, and they have them ranging from prom queen, to hippie, to punk rocker. They usually have a good sale going on.
I got these when they were BOGO Free, and I didn't pay over $6 for any one of them. 



Stay tuned for another episode of "A Few Of My Favorite Things!"

No comments:

Post a Comment