Friday, September 6, 2013

If Nurses Named Crayons...

When I was in nursing school, during the long, boring, and drawn out lectures, I would sometimes daydream. I know this sounds silly, but keep reading. One time, Mrs. P was “chasing one of her rabbits”, which was her way of saying that she was telling a story that went nowhere and had nothing to do with the lecture. “And now we're going to talk about alopecia. I don't know if you remember, but my brother has this. He has a dog… Oh! Speaking of dogs, I just adopted a dog from the humane society… He is the cutest thing… And while we were out walking last night we saw a baby deer… Those damn deer eat up my garden every year…  I think I may need an electric fence… I wonder if those would kill the deer…” See what I mean? Chasing rabbits. You hop around from place to place and never catch the rabbit. Anyway, one day during one of her rants, I had this idea. Screw nursing school- I'll use my newfound nursing knowledge and open a restaurant! Ha, by now, you probably think I'm crazy, but I'm making a point. Not just any restaurant, but one of those food trucks that park at a crossroads or a beach. I had no name, and I had no main cuisine. All I knew is that a few of us “nursing school dropouts” were going to run the thing, and that all items on the menu would have medical related names. “Pink Frothy Sputum” – Strawberry Milkshake. You get it? It’s gross, but I loved the idea at the time.


So, back to the crayons…


This picture brought me back to that memory. The gross names. For some reason, I can’t get enough of it. After doing some research and seeing what other people have come up with, I became inspired.

This list is a collection of names thought of by myself and other bloggers. Enjoy!

RED
  • Menstruation
  • Fresh Wound

ORANGE
  • Last Night’s Mac & Cheese
  • Iodine Stain
  • Diabetic’s OJ

YELLOW
  • Yeast Infection
  • Urine Sample
  • Jaundice

GREEN
  • Flu Phlegm Green
  • Gangrene
  • Rotten Flesh
  • C-Diff
  • Bile

BLUE
  • Suicidal Thoughts
  • Hypothermia
  • Cyanosis
  • Surgical Bonnet

PURPLE
  • Mommy’s Stretch Marks
  • Walked Into A Door

BLACK
  • Domestic Violence
  • Blackout
  • Meconium
  • Smoker’s Lungs

BROWN
  • Angioma
  • Melanoma
  • Turbid Pee
  • Caries

WHITE
  • Topical Ointment
  • Pallor
  • Purulence
  • Leukorrhea

PINK
  • Conjunctivitis
  • Perineum

GREY
  • Scalpel
  • Brain Dead


Please feel free to share your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment