Wednesday, December 11, 2013

25 Days of Blogging - Christmas Challenge {Day10 - Day 11}

Day 10: Favorite holiday scent

This is a tricky one. I know that you could take this as far as saying "Grandma's famous honey ham". But I'm thinking more along the lines of home scents. To me holiday scents, are supposed to be warm and inviting. I'm particularly fond of amber, latte, cashmere, vanilla, spice, caramel, eggnog, brown sugar, marshmallow, coffee, etc. BUT this year, while Christmas shopping, I stumbled across a holiday body scent that I love, which also works wonders for my migraines. I plan on picking up a few of the lotions to put in my desk drawer at work!

Bath & Body Works - Twisted Peppermint




Day 11: Favorite Christmas tradition

I can't really say that I have a favorite. I love it all. But I really love the family time and the memories that we make together during the holiday season. 

Christmas Eve Dinner and Gifts at my Grandma Wood's House
  • Traditional tree
  • Antique decorations
  • Traditional dinner
  • Envelopes on the tree with our names on them. Card and cash. 

Christmas Morning Breakfast and Gifts at my Daddy's House
  • Biscuits and crock pot sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, and ham & cheese croissants
  • Spiked Eggnog and Bloody Marys
  • Opening gifts
  • Some sort of Christmas movie

Christmas Evening Dinner and Gifts at Aunt Renee's House
  • Finger foods
  • Traditional dinner
  • Dirty Santa

Even though my dad has breakfast, we still have Christmas morning here. We all open gifts and take pictures.

Here are our family's traditions:
  • A gift that Ian can open on Christmas eve
  • Bake cookies for Santa
  • Christmas pajamas
  • Picture with Santa at the mall
  • Lights of the Delta
  • Gingerbread house
Next year, we are bringing out the Elf on a Shelf
Ian was just a little too young for it this year. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment